Thursday, April 3, 2008

I Know I Had a Typo in My Previous Title, But Whatever

Yeah, I forgot the 's' in 'reason.' But, whatever. You probably didn't notice it anyway.

I would like to strongly recommend a movie - The Great Debaters. It is a fantastic film about an African American debate team in the 1930's in Texas working its way to greatness. They have to fight against prejudice, of course, and their own internal struggles.

I know what you're thinking, "not another Remember the Titans." This one is different. The Great Debaters discusses even broader ideas than Civil Rights, and that is not necessarily the main focus. It is historical, intellectual, and enjoyable.

So, if you live up here in Provo, get your four quarters and head over to the Dollar Movie. That's where I just saw it.

I do not recommend movies that often, especially on a blog. So, this must be a big deal. Do it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yayy hmm i guess i'll have to gather those 4 quarters together!!! weeeeee :) :)

and my dumb MSN isn't working and hasn't been working for the past oh...a long time...and i just realized that i accidentally deleted the program..BAH!

:)