Thursday, April 10, 2008

Just a Quick Comment on Protons

I just want to ask, how many times are we going to learn about the existence of protons that make up atoms? I remember first learning about them somewhere in middle school, like 6th or 7th grade maybe. Perhaps even earlier.

But then they were reintroduced to me my freshman year of high school in biology. Oh yeah, and chemistry sophomore year. Ah, and we learned the same things about then again in Chem II. And in Biology II, just in case we forgot.

And I was just reading in my geology text book; there is a section devoted to protons in there too. Protons, neutrons, electrons, seriously. After freshman year of high school, they should be fair game.

Bill Nye the Science Guy, I miss you. Where did he go? That guy is great.

And I'm becoming addicted to the song "Blackout" by Lovedrug. So, go listen to it.

1 comment:

draco said...

That's why my philosophy of science class rocks- we talk about how protons and electrons are just illusory ideas. :)