Monday, March 10, 2008

Apparently China's Ego and Self-esteem Are Fragile

I was just going around checking my daily websites, myspace and facebook and such. When I logged into AOL I noticed a headline that caught my attention.

"Bjork Broke Chinese Law?"

And I thought to myself, "Oh dang, what eccentricities are unacceptable in China...?"

I went on to read the article. She was performing in Shanghai on March 2 (last Sunday), and apparently at her concert she dedicated her song "Declare Independence" to Tibet. She knew, I'm quite sure, that her dedication would be controversial. But I know she didn't know that she would get this reaction from the Chinese Minister of Culture:

"[Bjork] broke Chinese law and hurt Chinese people's feelings."

Seriously? She hurt your feelings?

Is this coming from the same government that sought to completely alter Chinese culture? Communist indeed.

So now they are considering tightening restrictions on music artists that are allowed to perform in China, and Bjork may face being banned from China completely. I may be sounding too American, but dang, cry me a freaking river, Chinese government, for having an idea introduced in your country that may be contrary to what propoganda you want in and what you want out.

In fact, Mao would be ashamed of you right now! You should never have let her perform in the first place! GAH! New ideas NEVER contribute to progress or change, EVER. Get it together, China. Good-NESS.

Here is a link to her song. She has also dedicated it to the new independent state Kosovo. You can listen by pressing one of the play buttons by an entry in the list of songs. http://search.playlist.com/tracks/bjork%2520declare%2520independence

(All information on this came from this article http://www.spinner.com/2008/03/08/bjork-broke-chinese-law/ )

2 comments:

chaotime said...

you ho bag...chinese people are not fragile...you bum..

haha. anyway..i still have to talk to you about...you know

Unknown said...

HAHAHAH this CRACKED me up!!!

but i LOVELOVELOVE Chinese people :)

hooray!!

and so do you...your best friend is chinese dagnabbit!

:)

but i agree..that is redic.