Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Testimony Bingo, It Gets You Up in the Morning, or Maybe Just After 12:00.

I now have a blog that is off of MySpace.



Originally, I just created an account so I could read one of my friend's blog, but then I just figured I might as well write.



I'm not writing an introduction because if you're reading this, you should know who I am. If you don't know who I am, I don't really care if you don't know what I'm talking about.


This past Sunday was the first one of the month, and that means the best sacrament meeting for two words: Testimony Bingo.

It is this event that outweighs my issue with waking up at the crack of noon to dress up for three hours of church. I don't mind listening to people's testimonies anyway. Some are the cliché girl that loves her roommates with every sickening fiber of her being; some have interesting stories of some trying time in their life or the latest sin they committed; and others just make fools of themselves telling a story that shouldn't be mentioned in sacrament meeting. Oh yes, and the quotes that strike the congregation with the church giggles. I may have to endure a sermon that I didn't ask for (because those should be reserved for the other 3-4 Sundays of the month), but if they grab a tissue and start crying, just watch the back row mark off a sqaure "Tears."

Anyway, I love it. Some of my personal favorite squares that either always appear in my card or I just found out about so they'll make an appearance soon are "Inappropriate story," "Thankomony," "Reads a hymn," or "Refers to a sick relative, friend, or pet."

I'm sure most wards outside of the Happy Valley Bubble are not as cliché as the BYU 47th, but just bring a bingo card just in case because you never know, that meeting may start lasting longer than you rear can handle the peu.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE THIS!!

I WANT TO PLAY TESTIMONY BINGO SO BAD NOW...for reals.

AMEN to that.

this makes me think that it is something Nicole Richie would do if she were a member...and therefore...I love it.

chaotime said...

Love your blog!!!

Haha...too bad you ditched me for SLC.

Betch