Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Are You Serious?! Barret Went Hiking?! Like, On Rocks and Stuff!

I sure did. You have probably guessed that I am not an out-doors kind of guy, and if you didn't then you must think I'm an Eagle Scout. Which I am, lol, but I still don't like rugged life very much.

Yet, I used my many skills I got from my badge to do this:


That is me, risking my life on a 70 degree slope. Intense stuff. And no ropes, either!


Moe and I decided we wanted to go somewhere to watch the sun set over Provo since we had such beautiful weather. We tried driving up to Squaw Peak, but alas, the road we tried to use was closed. So, we drove over to Rock Canyon Park, walked up a trail, and then climbed up to a rock ledge that over looked the valley.


It was beautiful. We watched the sun go down and then observed the lights of the valley. Way fun, I must say.




Courtesy of Moe, we have these pictures. Many photography opportunities available from this ledge to those intersted.




Climbing up, however, was a bit easier than climbing down. Especially since we spent about an hour and a half or two hours up there.




It was dark when we tried to climb down. So that made it pretty hilarious. And kinda scary, not gonna lie.





This picture is me trying to get down. As you can see, the only light provided in this picture is Moe's flash. It was not too dark that we could not see anything, but dark enough.





However, it was quite an enjoyable "hike." I do believe I have found a favorite place to go now.










All photograpy here was done by Moana Parker. Loves her!