Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I Know It's Rather Late to Mention This, But I'm Still Quite Upset That "Rehab" Beat "Umbrella"

Seriously, "Rehab" has nothing on "Umbrella" for best new song or whatever. And, while I try to be grammatically correct on this blog, I don't want to type out those quotation marks anymore. So, I won't.

But yes, I was rather surprised when crackhead took home all those grammies. Especially when she wasn't even there and half the time is in no condition to perform since she's slipping under the influence.

Like, really Amy? Really? You only need to watch the first minute of this minute to see.



What the crap is she saying?

Don't get me wrong, I do like Amy. But for real, she needs to quit listening to her own songs and take a sober person's advice.

My main argument about why Umbrella should have won is that all sorts of people did covers of it, it was played so often, and really is just an amazing song. Rihanna, Scott Simmons, and even this band sang it at their concert:



Yes, that is My Chemical Romance, live, singing Umbrella. It's a wide range of genres covering this fantastic song.

And Rehab is okay, but I don't think it's as high quality. Yeah, I know it basically came out of Winehouse's journal, but whatever.

Umbrella wins in my book. So there. Take that, Academy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

AGREED to the upmost degree!!!